Friday, May 17, 2013

Microsoft Visio

Dr. P,

I would like to comment on the usage of Visio and how this software could bring value to our department. I found the product to be easy to use and a great tool to describe a current work process or to be used when trying to shift to a new work process. This tool can even be used when training new employees, providing a visual aid to illustrate the workflow.

Another great feature I notice with the software is the ability to create an organizational chart. Here we can show the reporting structure of the company to vendors, new hires, and even current employees. The best part about this product is that we can even construct a floor plan to have an idea of where each employee is seated within the building. There are several templates available to suit the needs of the task at hand.

I have found that we can purchase individual licenses and push them out to each workstation where the this tool will be used.

Please provide me your thoughts as I will work with IT to gather a completion time.

Thanks,

TB

No comments:

Post a Comment